Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Researchin' and Writin' Recipes....Tried It Tuesday

Yahoo...I love Tuesdays because I get to link up with one of my most favoritest
 bloggy buddies, Holly, from Fourth Grade Flipper!

 Researchin' and Writin' Recipes:
Before Fall Break, I read Stephanie's post from Forever in Fifth Grade
about what she does to keep her students on track with behavior durin'
the crazy time before Christmas.
I took her idea and ran with it. 
My bestie, ACH, and I got together and picked out 
rewards and surprises for 
the 14 1/2 days before break.
So far...our students have earned their surprise each day. YAY!
Yesterday the students earned recipe cards.
Quite comical for those that know me and know I
don't use recipes...because I'm allergic to the kitchen.
Anyways...the idea was for the students to be able to research their most
favorite holiday yummy treat and write it on their own recipe card.
We talked about how there might be thousands of recipes for the same thing
and how it was important to find the one that fit their needs with
ingredients, directions, etc.  It was interestin' to see their
eyes get as big as saucers when they realized the possibilities of what they
could do with the general recipe they chose.
It was hard to narrow it down to just one.  So many of them looked appealin'.
This was so much fun!
 If I wasn't goin' out of town for Christmas, I would absolutely
be knockin' on each one of their doors to sample their yummies!

Started out workin' together...

Then decided it was better to work alone since their recipes were different.

 
One sweet lil' rockstar didn't need to research. 
She had remembered her favorite recipe by heart!

Writin' out recipes after doin' research.

Final product.
A recipe written on a recipe card from the dollar store.

Happy Tuesday!
Be sure to check out the rest of the Tried It Tuesdays at Holly's blog.

9 comments :

  1. What an adorable idea! I love this! How sweet that your student knew the recipe by heart. I have a few in my class that would be that way too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun treat! I love that you're "allergic to the kitchen"...may have to try that excuse for myself!

    Don't Let the Teacher Stay Up Late
    Follow me on Bloglovin!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like they had so much fun writing their recipes!

    Rissa
    Keep Calm and Hoot On

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cute!! What a fun and motivating idea! So smart of you guys to come up with fun rewards for these crazy days...because these days certainly are a little extra crazy (is it Friday yet?!!?) Definitely going to think of how I can use your idea for the final 5 days before break!! :)

    Amanda
    Learning to the Core

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have read of people doing this at the end of the year but not at Christmas - what a great idea. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how you used this as a reward! This is SO fun!! I don't know how I seem to let time just get away from me and not try more things like this. Thanks for the inspiration! xxoo
    ~Holly
    Fourth Grade Flipper

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ok, so this is a test comment! I hope this works!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a great idea! You can't go wrong with research, writing, and treats. I love it. I am going to try this at some point this year.

    ReplyDelete

I heart readin' your comments and replyin' to you. Please be sure to check to see that you aren't a "no-reply blogger" so I can comment to you via email. Happy readin'!