Wednesday, January 1, 2014

January 2014 goals...

I am linkin' up with one of my absolute most favorite bloggers, 
A(my nickname for her), from The Babbling Box.  
A is real, she is honest, she types from her heart and
 isn't afraid to let out what is on her mind.  
I love that about her and I enjoy readin' her blog immensely.  
She is startin' a new linky that suggests you write down your goals
for the month.
I can totally do this.  
One month is much more attainable than one year...for me personally.  


1. Do not let my laundry mountain get too high.  
I end up waitin' until the mountain gets really high before doin' laundry and 
then it absolutely overwhelms me.  
My goal is to do a little, a few times a week, instead of all at once.
I will unpack my suitcase when I return and put away my clothes.

2.  Stop drinkin' Diet Coke.
I can't help it.  I really can't.  It's an awful habit.
I have been three days Diet Coke free. 
I'm hopin' I can keep it up.

3. Read a book once a week in January.
Before I started bloggin', I read two to three books a week.
I am after all the leader of the Nerd Herd.  I love to read.
It is my escape.  It's my happy place.
Readin' blogs is still readin' though...so I haven't actually given up cold turkey.
That's a plus.

4. Get my Bloglovin' feed down at least once a week.
I'm pretty good about keepin' up with blogs.  
Then again...I'm new to this and I don't have children.
I imagine this has a lot to do with it. 
I admire each and every one of you that goes to school each day, 
raises a family, does all of the extra work that teachin' requires, 
and still manage the time to be an online celebrity.  
You amaze me and you really are a celebrity to me.
I want to keep up with at least once a week gettin' my feed down to zero.

5. Stop bein' so bossy. 
Again, I can't help it.  I blame it on bein' an only child,
 but I know plenty of other only children that are not bossy like me. 
I like to make excuses.  I know I need to stop.
I'm goin' to at least try.

6.  Gettin' back to the kitchen. 
I know I tease that I am allergic to the kitchen. 
 I'm not.  
I do know how to cook,
I just hate don't like to cook.  
The grocery store stresses me out. 
There are too many choices.  I go in there and instantly become brain dead.
I have no sense of adventure and always walk out with the same things.
Since Miss Nelson and I are goin' to be juicin'...I must go to the grocery store.
We can't juice forever though, so we have vowed to start cookin' together,
 one day a week,
to get ourselves prepared. 
 Both of us are spoiled by really amazin' men that would rope the moon for us if we asked. 
 They are responsible for feedin' us.  
This is about to stop and we are goin' to surprise them.
(I hope neither of them are readin' this because they would probably be laughin' their heads off)

7.  Quit lettin' every little thing about education bother me.
I am passionate about what I do.
I love teachin'.
There are some things that really get under my skin though and I let it overtake me.
I need to breathe and let things go.
I waste too much time and energy too often on this.
Movin' on...

8. Join Amazon Prime.
I just need to do it already. I don't know what I'm waitin' for.

9. Watch Downton Abbey.
The only way to stream it now is on Prime, so I'm goin' to accomplish two things at once.

10. Win big at the slot machines.
I'm goin' to Biloxi this month for a yearly birthday trip with some friends.
Last year I hit the first five minutes I was there and lost it back.
This year...I'm goin' to hit and get up and walk away.
You just wait.

11. Smile more.
Sometimes I forget to smile. 
It's not that I'm unhappy, I just get lost in my train of thoughts.
I really am a happy person. 
I can do this!

I posted this today on Instagram.
(If the pic doesn't show up here, my instagram name is: alisonlearose)
Miss Nelson is havin' an Instalinky.
Come join that party too.

#lessmore14

14 comments :

  1. I love your reading goal! I totally love to read. A few years ago my hubby and I spent a couple weeks in Paris and we read SO many books because we had a hard time following television with our limited French. I topped 100 books that year! Thank goodness for my nook- I always have at least 10 books on it and with me. :)

    Mandy
    Caffeine and Lesson Plans

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all of your January goals. I'm surprised that you let your clothes get high. I thought I'm the only one with that problem. Would you yell at me if I did this? I think so! You better be a role model to me HAHAHA!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Big money in Biloxi! That will pay for that Prime account woot woot! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alison,
    I love to cook but can't stand food shopping at all! I have to say you have quite the list of goals for January! Now you have me thinking....keep us posted and I know you can do it! Good luck and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Alison,
    I love your January goals. So many of them are mine and I am one that is trying to juggle the family, work and life in general. I think it will be easier for you to accomplish them because they are monthly goals and you'll see progress. Keep me in the loop, I may need your motivation to complete mine!
    Win big on your birthday trip!!!
    Michele

    Coffee Cups and Lesson Plans

    ReplyDelete
  6. First you are like my walking fan club, and too sweet, which just makes you awesome. Second your goals could have been mine, 3,4,5,6,7 and 11 are all things I should work on. I am jealous of your juicing plan, I want to juice but that requires a juicer and I don't possess one of those. Stupid no credit cards goal.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm with you on the Diet Coke! I am hooked and I can't seem to stop. I'm still looking for something that tastes as good to me! I'm also hooked on Amazon Prime and Downton Abbey is amazing...those are awesome goals!! :)
    Courtney

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love all of these goals! I really dislike cooking as well. Lucky for me, the hubby loves to cook! He even got new pots and pans for Christmas! I've been on a reading binge myself, mostly kid books, but I think that is some of the most important reading I can do in this job! Happy New Year and here's to getting the laundry done!

    Rissa
    Keep Calm and Hoot On

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your #1 Goal needs to be mine. I have a mountain of it right this very minute. And maybe once I hit "publish" I'll go do something about it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm super OCD about the number of posts to read in Bloglovin'. I honestly have to get it to 0 every time I check the site. Now, to be fair, that doesn't mean I read them all every time, but I always browse through for my favorites or those that relate to my content area. I feel anxious when I can't get this done before being interrupted by something more pressing. I know... I have issues! haha

    ReplyDelete
  11. Get it girl!!! You can totally rock these January goals! I am obsessed with getting my Bloglovin to 0. I can't do it daily, but it has to be done once a week. I get such satisfaction with it! I get the same feeling with an empty email inbox and DVR list! Is this weird? Even if it's not...I don't care!
    A Tall Drink of Water

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm right there with you on #7. There are SO many things that bother me about teaching too. I could go on and on. And on. However, teaching in Korea has shown me that even though Korean students are high according to the world's standards, they do some things that I don't agree with. They basically teach their students to memorize, memorize, memorize with no regard to critical thinking or problem solving. Many Korean students also go to extra hagwon schools until sometimes 10:30 or 11:30 at night. I certainly wouldn't want that. Oh, and good luck on your goals!
    ~Angela
    Gig ‘Em Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm looking forward to seeing your beautiful smile more! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Allison! I found you through a comment you made over at Beach Sand and Lesson Plans! I had to chuckle about 20 degrees being cold only because I am up here in MN and tomorrow it will be -28 degrees!! Anyway...I am so glad I found your blog! As I was reading your goals, I completely connected to #1, #2, #4, #6 and #7!!

    I HATE laundry more than any other chore and I don't even have kids! I completely agree about props to those that do it all (teaching, parenting, blogging, TPTing). If I added kids to the mix, I don't know how I'd do it all!

    Diet soda is my addiction!! I want to give it up but I just can't...I swear there are addictive ingredients in there!

    As for education, this year I have been pretty negative about things (mostly the unrealistic demands of administrators)...but yeah, like you, I need to just enjoy teaching my students (which is the best in the world)!

    Glad to "meet" you!

    Kate :)
    Visit McDee's Busy Bees Blog

    ReplyDelete

I heart readin' your comments and replyin' to you. Please be sure to check to see that you aren't a "no-reply blogger" so I can comment to you via email. Happy readin'!