Monday, July 20, 2015

They say....Who is THEY? Monday Made It...


Well hello there...new and old friends.
 I'm linkin' up with my buddy Tara from 4th Grade Frolics 
They say couples that cook together...stay together.
What I want to know is...
WHO IS THEY?


This cartoon is extremely accurate...except in real life
I would be the husband's character.
I know HOW to cook...I just don't LIKE to cook.
If you follow my Instagram...you saw
this funny picture.


I decided to actually use my new apron and 
COOK with my hubby, Jerm.
I know...I know...
quit laughin'
He was just as surprised as you are!
First recipe up...Corn Salsa.
Jerm found an idea on Pinterest,
but he likes to make things his own...so
we shall call this Jerm's Corn Salsa.


Next up...Key Lime Tart.
I really should've posted dessert FIRST.
Somethin' to keep us cool in the Florida heat.



I could so make this all by myself and it was yumm-o.
The next thing I made is somethin' that I KNOW
my students are goin' to FLIP over.
No really...they are goin' to squeal when
I give this to them and aren't even goin' to complain
about doin' math.

I am in love, love, love with my 

I didn't have any students with me this summer to show
this in action, so I begged bossed
my amazin' mommy and her sweet friend Pris
into playin' the game.
They whined about not bein' able to use
a calculator (sound familiar), 
but they finally agreed to do it 
the old school way.


This is up in my TpT store for 50% off all day Monday
until midnight.

Since I hit 1,000 followers on Instagram this week...
I also made some 

As a treat, I am puttin' them up on my TpT
for a FREEBIE until Monday at midnight.
Please be sure to leave some love 
if you enjoy this item.

When I hit 1,000 followers on Bloglovin'...
I will be doin' a BIG giveaway.
If you aren't followin' yet...please join me! 


Monday is my favorite day in summer
because I get to see all the wonderful
things everyone else is makin'.
When school starts back, all bets are off on
"Monday" even bein' a word in my vocabulary.

Happy Monday, friends!

26 comments :

  1. Yum! I need to taste both of these yummy recipes. Do you have any left? I would be complaining if I couldn't use a calculator as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your products and recipes look amazing! Looks like you've been productive!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes to it all. Ummmm you have no excuse not to cook now- you and your food look like PROS! I keep saying, "When we get a house, I'm going to cook more... there's just not enough space right now" You see, I can't really cook and thus, don't like it. But I want that to change! I may be testing out some of your recipes so keep posting them! And I absolutely love seeing your family play your card game... I laughed out loud a bit haha. Congrats on the big follower milestone! Cheers to you, friend!
    Kelli
    Tales of a Tenacious Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  4. And I am making the corn salsa for a faculty get together tomorrow! Thank you so much! Maybe the pie too! By the way those math problems are hard. I would be whining louder than anyone about the calculators not being there! But I know your kids will love it! Adults are the whiners! Have a great week!
    Carol
    Teachers Are Terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  5. First to link up last week, first to link up this week. You go girl!

    Those recipes look delish! Nice job! I am sure the hubs was impressed!

    Your new task cards look awesome! Remember, I'm not so good at math. =) I would be whining too!


    ReplyDelete
  6. Those recipes look so good AND you posted them so they would look fantastic printed off as recipe cards - I think this might be your calling....not cooking but making recipes looks so pretty I want to print them (and maybe even try them!!). I can see why you are in love with the wizards and wands - adorable clipart. I would not have asked for a calculator - that is what my phone is for....just checking FB, yes, that's what I am doing!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that adults complained about not being able to use a calculator. That's just about perfect.
    Milk and cereal is just about the perfect home cooked meal for me too.

    Do you need a Chicago Bears chef hat?
    Matt

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your corn salsa sounds amazing, I have saved this recipe for next time I go to the grocery store!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! It's really good and I'm a picky eater...so that is saying something!

      Delete
  9. I don't cook much either... I am thankful my kids like cereal so much. My husband grills a lot though, sow e are covered!

    Calculators, FUNNY!

    Congrats on your milestone!!! :)

    and, seriously, how were you the 1st one to link up!!! Impressive!

    Elizabeth
    Hodges Herald

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am totallly making that salsa! It looks delicious!!

    Bethany
    FabandFunin4th!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Okay, that salsa....
    I'm sooooo gonna make this (minus the black beans) today. That. Looks. So. Tasty. And I have 4 ears of fresh corn I need to cook (or it's gonna get rotten) ASAP, so this is what I shall make with it.
    How did you know I needed an idea for that corn? ; )

    I'll let you know how it turns out! Thanks, Ali!!
    Ali
    Teaching Powered by Caffeine

    ReplyDelete
  12. I WILL be making Jerm's salsa! I like everything in that recipe, except for the tomato, but I know it's kind of a requirement in salsa. It sounds DELISH! And that pic of you in the apron with the cereal supplies STILL cracks me up! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just pinned both of your recipes! Key lime is my absolute favorite and I can't wait to try it out! And those task cards are the cutest! You're the best!

    Jamie
    Life As I Know It

    ReplyDelete
  14. I feel the same about cooking! I do try to help, but for some reason he ends up taking over… oops. Those task cards are adorable. Congrats on your milestones! :)

    Steph
    Simple Insights

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your recipes look so yummy-- I love corn salsa. I also love how cute you made the recipe cards. That is a made it by themselves!

    My Bright Blue House

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yum and Yay! The recipes looked amazing, I'm salivating over here. The HP themed math game is too cute. My friend would die for that clip art! She just finished decorating her baby's nursery a Hogwarts theme. It's pretty darn cool.
    Love ya!
    Erin
    Short and Sassy Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yummy! Those are two of my favorite things. I will have to try them. I'm definitely going to have to join in on the Made It Monday linky. Love!

    Cara
    The Teacher's Backpack

    ReplyDelete
  18. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Man, I can't cook AND don't like to cook - it's so sad.

    LOVE the Harry Potter stuff!

    Anisa @ Creative Undertakings

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love to see you cooking and those recipes look awesome, especially those little recipe cards too cute. This makes me want to start cooking in my new place finally. But I think I will stick to catching up on blog reading. Priorities.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Yum! Those recipes look delicious!

    ReplyDelete

I heart readin' your comments and replyin' to you. Please be sure to check to see that you aren't a "no-reply blogger" so I can comment to you via email. Happy readin'!